Saturday, November 23, 2013

Point of View & The Three Little Pigs!

Point of View Lesson
Meeting Standards 2.RL.3, 2.RL.6

A couple of weeks ago, my second graders tackled "Point of View".  Lucky for me, my favorite football team, the Oregon Ducks had just lost to Stanford. By lucky I mean not so lucky. Trust me, I didn’t even want to go to school because I was so sad devastated over the loss! But being a teacher, I found some way to incorporate it into our day.  I talked about how upset I was, and then asked the students how they thought Stanford fans were feeling. Then we talked about how not only Stanford fans were happy, but so were our other rivals like the OSU Beaver fans. We discussed the differences in points of view.

To begin our lesson, we read the classic version of The Three Little Pigs. As we read students wrote on sticky notes the three pigs perspective.  We also discussed and wrote our thoughts on the wolf’s perspective. Kids love sticky notes. Need to capture their attention? Give them sticky notes!






The next day, we read, The TRUE story of the Three Little Pigs.  We repeated the same steps from the previous day and then used a Venn Diagram to compare and contrast both the pigs and the wolf’s perspective.  





Here is the link to this FREEBIE! Enjoy!
(Graphics thanks to Emily Smith)


Love, 
Katelyn, Abby & Liesel




No comments:

Post a Comment