Monday, December 9, 2013

Whole Brain Teaching


Have you ever NOT been excited about teaching a subject during the day?  Well, this is how I have felt about math this year.  First, the time of the day is just awful; right after lunch/recess. When the kids come in they are high off of recess and have a hard time sitting still. Then their food starts digesting, and I feel like Ferris Bueller, “What’s 10 + 6?... Anyone?... Anyone?... 16!” Like the students, I feel SO sleepy and no matter how hard I try to be enthusiastic I feel like I am not fooling anyone.



One thing I have tried that has been successful during this time, is Whole Brain Teaching strategies.  I was inspired by this You Tube video I found on Pinterest, and I have never looked back:





The students and I have so much fun with this, and we do a lot of movement with our bodies to help fight  the after-lunch fatigue as well. I just started a book study with my teaching partners on this little number: 

So far so good, and I will write a short review as soon as I finish. I suggest you all get yourself a copy! Your classroom will never be the same :) 

Happy Monday!
Abby, Katelyn & Liesel

No comments:

Post a Comment